- What makes RuMe "A Better Bag, Made A Better Way"?
- How much can RuMe Bags hold?
- Are RuMe Bags machine washable?
- Why are RuMe Bags not made of recycled polyester?
- Does RuMe have a recycle program for used RuMe's?
- What does RuMe Bags do to offset its carbon footprint?
- Can I screen print on RuMe Bags?
- Why isn't there an extra pouch?
- Why do RuMe Bags cost slightly more than other reusable bags?
- How do you fold a RuMe?
- What is RuMe's return policy?
- Are RuMe products compliant with the Consumer Protection Safety Improvement Act of 2008?
- What are the differences between phone cases?
- Can I use licensed or trademarked artwork to customize my RuMe products?
1) What makes RuMe "A Better Bag, Made A Better Way"?
RuMe's are a better bag... because they're incredibly functional:
- The long 11.5" handle is sized to carry over any shoulder - male or female - even while wearing a bulky winter coat.
- The innovative box-stitch sides and bottom design offers a structured environment for loading goods, while maintaining a flexible space for over-sized, bulky items.
- Made from water-resistant 180 denier polyester, bags can hold up to 50lbs.
- When not in use, a set of three RuMe Bags can be rolled and tied together for simple, compact carrying and storage; the patent-pending enclosure system enables three bags to roll up to about the size of a cup of coffee.
RuMe's are made a better way... because they're manufactured responsibly:
- RuMe Bags are designed and packaged following a no-waste philosophy, so there is no superfluous packaging or waste.
- RuMe products are designed in Denver, Colorado
2) How much can RuMe Bags hold?
Because RuMe Bags are double-stitched with 180 denier polyester, they hold more than any other reusable bag on the market today. The Original RuMe and the Macro RuMe can both hold up to 50lbs, and the Mini RuMe can hold up to 30lbs.
You can fit the equivalent of 3 plastic grocery bags into one RuMe bag.
3) Are RuMe Bags machine washable?
Yes, RuMe Bags are machine-washable in cold water, so you don't have to worry about keeping your bags clean. Simply line dry to keep your RuMe looking as good as new.
4) Why are RuMe Bags not made of recycled polyester?
RuMe's original intent was to use recycled polyester. However, after extensive research, we discovered that the gains made from using recycled polyester are negated by the increase in energy, water and chemicals used to process the polyester due to the fact that the recycling process for polyester requires an extremely high temperature and chemicals. Furthermore, the recycled polyester is a lower quality and does not last as long as original polyester. We're better off recycling polyester into another product like cone or speed bump.
Of the "three R's" of environmental awareness: Reduce, Reuse and Recycle, the last "R" is meant as a last option. RuMe believes that by offering a higher quality, more durable polyester bag we enable our customers to use our reusable bags for longer periods of time, reducing the overall amount of waste and energy.
5) Does RuMe have a recycle program for used RuMe's?
Yes, we do. RuMe launched in April 2008 and RuMe Bags are manufactured using strong, durable polyester. However, as RuMe's are perfect for any occasion we realize that consumers will use their RuMe Bags everyday, and eventually they may wear down.
RuMe accepts well worn RuMe Bags and we will ensure the RuMe Bags are recycled. We use a local recycler in Denver, CO. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
6) What does RuMe Bags do to offset its carbon footprint?
RuMe Bags takes its environmental impact extremely seriously and is continually searching for ways to minimize and offset its impact on the environment.
All RuMe retail packaging is made from recycled and recyclable materials. We also took the message of reuse to our retail packaging, creating a shopping list on the inside panel so the packaging can be reused.
RuMe's carbon footprint is also minimized by our decision to manufacture in South Korea. RuMe Bags travel approximately 250 miles from the beginning of fabric production to the South Korean port; arguably, the lowest carbon footprint in the reusable bag industry.
7) Can I add my logo onto a RuMe Bags?
Yes, of course! Email us at email@example.com for more details.
8) Why isn't there an extra pouch?
Many reusable bags on the market today include a superfluous pouch for the bag. Oftentimes, this bag is lost or thrown away. RuMe took a different approach and instead added an enclosure system that allows up to three bags to roll up together for simple, compact carrying and storage.
9) Why do RuMe Bags cost slightly more than other reusable bags?
There are two components that make the cost of reusable bags - (1) the cost of the fabric and (2) the cost of the labor used to sew the bags.
Since RuMe bags are made of a higher quality, thicker polyester and because the fabric is made in South Korea, the polyester itself is slightly more than comparable fabrics made in China.
However, the greatest factor in the slightly higher price is the labor used to produce RuMe Bags. Because RuMe bags are produced in a government-certified Fair Trade factory costs are slightly higher than if the bags were made in an unregulated factor in China or other parts of the world. In fact, the labor component of the RuMe bag costs more than the fabric of the bag and even more than the retail price of many other reusable bags in grocery stores today. The so-called $0.99 bags are sold at such a low cost because the labor costs are so low due to the unregulated working conditions of the factories.
RuMe believes that environmental and social responsibility go hand-in-hand; we must protect our planet and each other. That's why RuMe only works with government-certified Fair Trade factories.
10) How do you fold a RuMe?
11) What is RuMe's return policy?
All personalized product sales are final—we are unable to accept returns on personalized product orders (this includes monogrammed products). All other acceptable returns must be mailed back to our RuMe headquarters within 15 days of receiving the package. Returned items must be unused and in perfect condition unless defective. Shipping/handling on returned merchandise is non-refundable. Upon returning an item to our headquarters, please include your order number and credit card information (including expiration date and CVV) as we do not keep credit card numbers on file.
RuMe Headquarters address:
7022 South Revere Parkway | Suite 240
Centennial, CO 80112
12) Are RuMe products compliant with the Consumer Protection Safety Improvement Act of 2008?
In 2009, RuMe Bags asked Intertek, an industry leader in product testing, to independently test our bags. Intertek found that RuMe Bags are lead-free, stating that our bags "comply with the requirements set forth in the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008." Complete Intertek results are below.
We chose to test the RuMe
Baggie since it has a zipper, label and fabric. Intertek advised us
that any measurement of lead under 10 parts per million is undetectable
levels and thus lead free.
13) What are the differences between phone cases?
RuMe cCase/rCases 4 and 5 are made to fit the iPhone 4/4s and iPhone 5; there are different options available for customers:
Comes in two different package styles:
The first cCase option allows customers to personalize their own faceplate immediately using our design wizard. Customers will receive their cCase packages with customized faceplates included within.
The second option provides a custom faceplate promo code within the packaging and is meant as more of a gifting option. The recipient of the package will use the unique promo code within the package to upload and personalize their own image on myrume.com. RuMe will print and ship the customized faceplate free of charge; no credit card is needed from the person customizing the faceplate, as the purchase has already been made with the original package.
A one-piece iPhone case equipped with a RuMe-designed recycled aluminum faceplate.
14) Can I use licensed or trademarked artwork to customize my RuMe products?
RuMe respects the intellectual property and licensing rights of others. By law we cannot print artwork, logos, or images that may infringe upon any copyright, trademark, or intellectual property of any party. For users interested in printing a company’s logo on any RuMe product, expressed permission must be extended from the company in question.